Bassermann-Jordan Winery

Bassermann-Jordan Winery

Corner of Ketschauerhofstr. / Heumarktstr.

The Jordan family emigrated to the Palatinate from Savoy in 1718. By introducing high-quality winegrowing, Andreas Jordan (1775 – 1848) laid the foundation for the winery’s excellent reputation. This tradition was to go on throughout the centuries. The wines of Bassermann-Jordan have been classic examples of traditional Palatinate Rieslings for decades.

Since the 15th century, the winegrower’s estate has been the seat of several gentry families. Among these were the Barons of Ketschau, from whom the property derived its name. After it had been burned down in the Revolutionary Wars, it was acquired and reconstructed by Andreas Jordan. In the middle of the last century, a modern, historicizing, and mansion-like building was created.

 

Diese Website nutzt Cookies, um bestmögliche Funktionalität bieten zu können. Mehr Erfahren!